Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving

Hey guys...how was your Thanksgiving holiday? I know I was already supposed to ask you that LAST Monday...I lost a week somewhere, have you seen it? 

We had the best Thanksgiving! I knew a few weeks ago that we would be tapped out from launching Flora and that we probably wouldn't be traveling to see family...so I semi-surprised Scott and got us Thanksgiving dinner reservations at the Ahwahnee Lodge in Yosemite National Park.  We had a lovely fancy prime rib+yorkshire pudding dinner and spent the long weekend camping and hiking in the beautiful late autumn weather. It was definitely a little strange having non-homemade Thanksgiving, but what a good meal!

I still have some pics to download from my camera (mushrooms & bear tracks!) and stories to tell, but thought I'd share these iPhone snaps...the few I got before my battery was drained by the frozen night!



2 comments:

diane said...

you two are absolutely adorable!

what a wonderful trip...the ahwahnee is so lovely. such a sweet surprise!

xo

Sam said...

I think you two may have started something - remember, if you do it twice it becomes a New Tradition. I love how you are always thinking outside of the box - Yosemite for Thanksgiving? PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT!