Wednesday, April 6, 2011

where wednesday [fritzi marie]

[Today's Where Wednesday is written by my newish bloggy friend Kat from Fritzi Marie.  I like her blog because it's full of heart, poetry, and adventure. She's a sweet, loving soul and I'm glad to know her...AND she's got a purty vintage shop HERE. Have a good Wednesday!]    


I've been thinking about where my favorite place is for the past week or so and I have come to a realization about myself and my life while doing so. 

You see I first thought about how my hometown; Monrovia, California is my favorite place. 

Then I thought about my Grandparents farmhouse in Missouri and how much I loved swinging on their porch swing when I would visit my Grandparents in the summertime. 
Then I thought about my life now.
I've been married to my husband Daniel for 5 years now, and we have lived together in California, Mississippi, Washington, and Alabama.

During the past five years, the one thing that I have learned is that my favorite place is right where I am (wherever that may be) with my husband/best friend and our ten year old puppy Bono Baby. 

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and this print by Spread The Love have expressed my favorite place in every way.
 

My favorite place is with my boys.
 

Since I grew up in Southern California, my favorite place in the whole wide world is Snow White's wishing well at Disneyland. When Dan and I would go together I would always take him to this special place and secretly I would wish that someday we would get married. After a year or so, Daniel surprised me by proposing at my favorite wishing well. 

Proving that wishes do come true!

hugs,
Fritzi Marie
p.s. Make a Wish!

Where Wednesday is a series about places that are important to us, be they work spaces, outdoor spaces, sleeping spaces, places we visit, places we live, places we drink coffee, etc. etc. [i'm looking for guest bloggers for April and May! do you want to talk about a place or space that's important to you? let me know and I'll set you up with a Wednesday!]

1 comment:

Corinne (Sara's mama) said...

Lovely!